HP3000-L Archives

March 2002, Week 2

From:
Richard Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:14:04 +0100
Hi

Sorry to bother the list with this again, but I'm getting desperate.  I'm
far from a Cobol expert and will replace this 7000 lines of Cobol with a 300
line Powerhouse one, as soon as possible, but until that happens this has to
work.

I thought that Roy had solved my problem, but it appears I was a bit
premature.  I am still getting this '9G' error, which as Roy correctly
points out is 'too many files open'.  Now sometimes this program runs
through without a problem and other times (mostly) I get this 9G error.  No
one else is accessing the same file, the files are always closed, before
being opened again, so this doesn't make any sense to me.

The latest example is where a file is built and then file equated to,
opened, records are written and then it is closed.

build
/TRANSFER/HP/billing/cptjo/CPTJOERU2002021620020228;rec=-98,2,F,ASCII;DISC
=25000
.
.
.
FILE cptjo=/TRANSFER/HP/billing/cptjo/CPTJOERU2002021620020228

open extend cptjo-file.
write cptjo-record.
close cptjo-file.
FILE cptjo=/TRANSFER/HP/billing/cptjo/CPTJOERU2002021620020228

open extend cptjo-file.
write cptjo-record.
close cptjo-file.
open extend cptjo-file.
Unable to open CPTJO - Status : 9G
Filename: AGBILL
File status is 9d
Unable to CLOSE file, See File System error [9x] (COBERR 633)
Program file: BILLING.EXE.VIRDEV
DUPLICATE PERMANENT FILE NAME  (FSERR 100)

+-F-I-L-E---I-N-F-O-R-M-A-T-I-O-N---D-I-S-P-L-A-Y+
!  FILE NAME IS AG1178.TEMP.VIRGIN               !
!  FOPTIONS: NEW,ASCII,FORMAL,F,NOCCTL,FEQ       !
!            NOLABEL                             !
!  AOPTIONS: OUTPUT,NOMR,NOLOCK,DEF,BUF,NOMULTI  !
!            WAIT,NOCOPY                         !
!  DEVICE TYPE: 3      DEVICE SUBTYPE: 8         !
!  LDEV: 35       DRT: 8         UNIT: 0         !
!  RECORD SIZE: 184    BLOCK SIZE: 184   (BYTES) !
!  EXTENT SIZE: 31250  MAX EXTENTS: 32           !
!  RECPTR: 18          RECLIMIT: 999999          !
!  LOGCOUNT: 18           PHYSCOUNT: 18          !
!  EOF AT: 18          LABEL ADDR: %00000000000  !
!  FILE CODE: 0        ULABELS: 0                !
!  FILE OWNER: MGR.VIRGIN                        !
!  PHYSICAL STATUS: 0000000000000000             !
!  ERROR NUMBER: 100   RESIDUE: 184      (BYTES) !
!  BLOCK NUMBER: 18           NUMREC: 1          !
**** COB_QUIT 633 ****

ABORT: BILLING.EXE.VIRDEV
NM SYS   a.01004770 dbg_abort_trace+$28
NM USER  11b.0025d398 COB_QUIT+$b8