HP3000-L Archives

March 2002, Week 2

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:46:25 -0800
I seem to be getting more snail mail promotional pieces about the HP e3000
in the last 2 months than in the previous several years combined. Too bad
the same marketing zeal was not applied while the HP e3000 was still
breathing on its own and had a chance to survive.

While I'm at it, it would be nice if CSY would stop rationalizing about the
decaying ecosystem and own up to the fact (which many of us have been saying
for years) that HP signed the death warrant for MPE when (10-12 years ago)
it marginalized the HP 3000 as a niche platform and started promoting HP-UX
as its only general purpose operating system offering.