HP3000-L Archives

March 2002, Week 2

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 06:31:43 -0600
"Jim Phillips" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> Computerworld headline:
>
> Users brace for HP/Compaq union
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/storyba/0,4125,NAV47_STO68964,00.html

Another selected quote (actually two run together for sense, but hopefully
not altering what was said, or how):

"The bottom line is that we have a heritage of taking care of customers, and
that's what we'll do going forward," said Jim McDonnell, HP's vice president
of marketing for business customers, who estimated that he has met
personally with 200 representatives of large companies since the merger
announcement. "We won't leave them hanging without products or good
solutions."

Now there's a comfort. But does it only apply to customers [1] for products
not EOLed before the merger takes place?

[1] I guess for large businesses, he doesn't need to make the infamous
distinction between 'customers', and mere 'owners', of HP products.....

--

Roy Brown

For whom it seems like MPE will rapidly become My Previous Experience....
:-(