UTCSTAFF Archives

March 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
helpdesk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:58:21 -0500
As many of you know all too well, we have been experiencing intermittent
problems with hung or very slow connections with the cecasun and moccasun
servers which provide e-mail and web services to the campus.  The most
common complaint has frustrating delays in sending or receiving e-mail or
working with web pages.  The problems seem to be intermittent and spread
across the campus.  In most cases if you try again in a few minutes you
should be able to complete the task.

Staff from the Systems and Networks group in the Information Technology
Division have been working diligently to identify and correct the problem.
We understanding how frustrating this situation has been and are treating
this problem as a very high priority.

If you know of individuals who have experienced a total failure (cannot
receive any e-mail at all, for example) please encourage them to call the
Help Desk at 755-4000 since that may be an unrelated problems with their
computer.  We appreciate your patience and will try to keep the campus
informed about our progress.

--Charity
UTC-Technology Support Services
Computing Helpdesk