UTCSTAFF Archives

March 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Richard Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:20:10 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

Each year we have the opportunity to give back to our University by making
a donation that will benefit everyone. Scholarships for students, the
Lupton Library, departmental programs, athletics, and an array of other
programs such as faculty-staff development will gain by gifts from UTC
employees.

On Tuesday morning, the annual Faculty and Staff Campaign got under way
with the help of 23 Building Captains on the UTC Campus who have
volunteered their time to help make this campaign a success. These
individuals will soon be distributing pledge cards in their buildings, if
they have not done so already. Please make their efforts worthwhile by
giving some serious thought to a donation.

Many of us use the Payroll Deduction Program, which allows as little as
$8.34 to be deducted monthly for an annual gift of $100 and membership in
the Century Club. If that is not your style, however, a single gift of any
size is always appreciated. If you would like to increase your payroll
deduction amount, simply call the Development Office at 755-4232.

Last year's campaign raised about $72,000 and we expect to top that this
year with everyone's help. We also expect to celebrate success in the
spring with a special event to be announced later.

In the coming weeks, we will provide updates on the departments achieving
100 percent participation. I am serving as Chair of this year's campaign
once again and would like to say a special thank you to all the Building
Captains who are helping boost this campaign. These people are: Marc
Booker, Tom Losh, Beth Dodd, Felicia Lowe, Margaret Doyle, Sheila
Delacroix, Teresa McKinney, Stephanie Orr, Marge Fergason, Joan Dunn, April
Anderson, Peggy Tucker, Cindy Ashley, Mary Scott, Arma Broomfield, Sue
Carroll, Connie Ratchford, Jackie Tate, Thomas Patty, Linda Hobart, Susan
Taylor, Mal Long and Bill Williams.

Thank you!

Richard Brown