UTCSTAFF Archives

March 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Verbie Prevost <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Verbie Prevost <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 20:25:36 -0500
There seems be considerable uncertainty across the campus about what kind
of proposal qualifies for a Faculty Development Grant.  The Committee is
meeting after Spring Break to attempt to clarify their interpretation of
the guidelines in the Faculty Handbook.  We hope to put together a list of
suggestions that will elicit proposals that clearly adhere to the
guidelines.  I will send out the results of the deliberations as soon as
they are available (no later than the last week of March).  To enable
faculty to use the information in their proposals, the deadline for the
next round of proposals will be extended nine days beyond the usual date.
Thus, proposals will be due April 10.

Verbie Prevost, Chair of Faculty Development Grants Committee

Verbie Lovorn Prevost
Katharine Pryor Professor of English
Director of English Graduate Studies
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga