UTCSTAFF Archives

March 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Charles Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:33:10 -0500
Colleagues,

On behalf of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Advisory
Search Committee I want to update you on the progress of the current search
process.  After careful and lengthy review we narrowed our list of 96
candidates to 10.  These 10 individuals were interviewed by the committee,
7 in-person and 3 by telephone, at an off-site location in Atlanta.
Within the next two weeks the committee will be conducting reference checks
by telephone to select three finalists to invite to the campus prior to the
conclusion of classes.  When this process is completed and we have gained
approval from the System to commence interviewing, we will provide you with
additional information about each candidate along with a complete itinerary
for the interviews.  Moreover, we will place copies of each candidates'
application file in the library for your review.

Again thank you for your assistance with this process and we look forward
to the participation of the entire UTC community in the interviewing and
evaluation of the finalists.

Charles Nelson, Chair
Advisory Search Committee for the
Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs

Charles H. Nelson
Professor and Head
Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences
615 McCallie Avenue
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Chattanooga, TN 37403
e-Mail: [log in to unmask]

Ph:423-755-4341
Fax: 423-785-2285