SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 01:14:34 -0500
On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 23:45:27 -0500, Reef Fish
<[log in to unmask]> wrote in reply to Mike Wallace:

>>> Spending a couple of hours in that Aquarium could be one of the events
in
>>> the CHA02NEDfest in June.
>>
>>Would be time well spent. Not to mention the brew pub across the street
>>for after the walk down the line.. :-)
>
>I can see you've been thar, and done dat a few times.  :)  But the pub in
>the Feeesh Aquarium will be free to the CHA02NEDfesters, and you can
>just crawl into bed if you become legless like Strike.

Speaking of the Choo Choo Aquarium and Strike ...  :-)

I drove by the Choo Choo Aquarium today, across the river to a book sale,
and promptly brought 11 travel books, mostly in anticipation of future dive
travel trips.  I know there must be something in SCUBA I can talk about.  :)

One of the books is Tahiti & French Polynesia Guide, in anticipation of a
return trip there to try the new Tahiti Aggressor in Rangiroa this Fall.

A book on Cairo -- in anticipation of a Red Sea trip ... some time.

A book each on Fiji, Solomon Islands, and Maldives& Islands of the East
Indian Ocean ... just in case.  :-)

A book each on Beijing Shanghai, and Singapore ... well a man cannot
travel to dive locations all the time.   :_)

Where does Strike come it?  Beat me.  :-)  The devil must have made it
buy THREE books about Australia.  One the "Australia: The Rough Buide",
and the other two, the National Geographic Traveler Guide on SIDNEY,
and Insight pocket guides on Sidney.  Haven't quite found Shelly Beach
on the pull-out map yet.  :-))

For those who had been diving in the following locations:

Fiji, Maldives, Solomon Islands, and Rangiroa, write short essays for
those of us who have not been diving there answers to the questions:

1.  Why should I dive there?

2.  What dive operator / liveaboard would you recommend at the location?

3.  Preference or must do/see comments.

-- Bob.