SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2002

Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:27:11 -0600
The real problem in point of fact is that as the list is currently
configured, anyone can post to it regardless of their status vis a vis
belonging to the LISTSERV.  In point of fact, if it were set correctly to
PRIVATE as it should be, Bob would not have been able to post all this time
from [log in to unmask] since that name was not on the list.
Thus he had not need to set the NOMAIL option.

I am open to how the list should be configured but if we leave it PUBLIC, we
are open to SPAM like the SNOW WHITE missive and others.  Attachments will
be stripped since that is configured.

Personally, I think it should be a 'members only' list just to protect us
but I will defer to the sentiments of the members.  Voting starts now.

CH