SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2002

From:
Dave DeBarger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:29:19 -0500
Reef Fish wrote:
> Continental didn't win the Freddie award of the "Best
Frequent Flyer Program" four years in a row for nothing.  << snip, snip >>  I've flown AA, Delta, CO, TWA, and United.
But NEVER USAir, and unlikely to start any time soon.  :-)  But that's
just a difference in opinion.  If I were in Richmond, VA, I may have
reasons to feel otherwise.

In my case the choice of FF program was based upon where I most often travel.  Delta gets me to San Francisco quickly via Atlanta, although I'll take American via DFW when I can get it.  Delta has always treated me well.  USAir serves several other frequent destinations -- notably Kansas City and Reno.  Continental from RIC goes mostly to Newark, which is my top contender for the Worst Airport in the US award, and hence very high on my "avoid at any cost" list.  CO was our airline on the dive club's Belize trip in October, but shortly after we booked thirty seats, CO canceled the RIC to IAH service, making it necessary for us to drive to Norfolk, VA (+/- 2 hours) to catch the 6AM flight from there.  A business decision on CO's part, surely, but did not endear CO to those of us who had to catch a 1:30AM chartered bus to get to Norfolk!

As you said, reasons to feel otherwise.
Dive safe [\],
-Dave