SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 02:15:53 -0500
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 01:14:33 -0500, Dave DeBarger <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>When we went to Coz on January 26, we flew USAirways from Richmond to
>Charlotte, NC, and Charlotte direct to CZM.  The round trip from RIC to
>CZM was $545.61, booked on the USAir website.

Now THAT's news to me.  For quite awhile, Continental was the only
domestic airline that lands in CZM, after AA and Delta pulled out.
I'll have to take a look at the USAir webpage some time when OTHERS
ask about inexpensive fares to Coz.

>The time before that (June '01) we used Continental RIC-IAH and IAH-CZM.
>It was a dive shop trip, so I don't have the cost figures for that one,
>but I think the air was in the mid-$600 range.

That sounds about right.

>But the 9:21AM departure
>from IAH made for a very early wake-up call in Richmond!

No earlier than my 3:00AM departure from home to make the 9:21AM
departure from IAH, via ATL.  Late to bed and early rise is good
for the soul.  :-)

>I'd vote for USAir, but then I'm in their frequent flyer program and not
>Continental's!

You loss.  :-)   Continental didn't win the Freddie award of the "Best
Frequent Flyer Program" four years in a row for nothing.  USAir used
to have tiny hubs in Greenville SC and Charlotte NC both of which
were closer to me (at Clemson) than Atlanta.  On the strength of
friends and travel agents, I've flown AA, Delta, CO, TWA, and United.
But NEVER USAir, and unlikely to start any time soon.  :-)  But that's
just a difference in opinion.  If I were in Richmond, VA, I may have
reasons to feel otherwise.

-- Bob.