SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2002

From:
Timothy Doty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:01:02 -0500
                    Reef Fish
                    <large_nassau_grouper@       To:     [log in to unmask]
                    YAHOO.COM>                   cc:
                    Sent by: SouthEast US        Subject:     Re: [SCUBA-SE] Sun Dancer NEDfest with
                    Scuba Diving Travel           Peter & Alice Hughes and              Bret
                    list                          Gilliam, anyone?

                    03/12/2002 01:51 PM
                    Please respond to
                    SouthEast US Scuba
                    Diving Travel list

>We have only ONE Old Lady here, da Krazy Kiwi (aka Viv), and she doesn't
>bicker.  She just bites you head off and spit it out if you misbehave. :-)

I promise to be on my best behavor, just hope thats good enough!!

>>Blasphemy!  SCUBA boring?  Say it ain't so Joe!

>I hold a Specialty Patch in "Blasphemy"!   It costs $9.95 for the
>patch itself (to sew on my travel luggage), and hours and hours of
>training (costing $$$$$) to get certified.

I wonder if that could be a distinctive specialty....

I guess thats a no!  A SCUBA expo in NYC www.beneaththesea.org

>I know a few from them thar Yankee country, and some of them are even
>Warm Water Wimps!

Water gets warm?!?

>You'll have Viv (the Krazy Kiwi to show you the Krazy part), the REAL
>Dive Goddess (even if you can't persuade her to post nakid fer us).
>You'll have Mike Wallace (not-the-60-Minute-one) the consummate
>Olde Tymer, and techdiver extraordinaire, and a genuine Abalamy
>Redneck (and proud to be one) ... for starters -- what MORE do you
>want?

Is money out of the question?

>>I'd rather interrogate you all on good diving sites, equipment, training,
>>etc.

>Well, fire away!  What are you waiting for?

Your suppose to test the waters before just diving in!
So what about good dive sites in Kentucky?  Say around the Lexington area.
Got to go out that way for a long weekend in a few and i'd much rather be
diving than hanging out with family I never met before.

>>I'm afraid all I do well in a fight is bleed!

>Now THAT is definitely worth a "Specialty Patch" -- a rare skill of
>blood-control in being able to bleed on the mere use of WORDS.  :-)

a hemeriage specialty!

-Tim