SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2002

From:
John Nitrox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:32:47 -0600
At 09:27 AM 3/1/02 -0500, Feeeesh wrote:

>Will do, and yes it would be.  But I think it would be tremendous
>enough if he could make it to the CHA02NEDfest, right before the
>CAIV NEDfest.

         You're right, or course, sometimes I let my enthusiasm get a
little ahead of my good sense and even if all goes as well as possible, he
probably won't be ready to dive by June.

>P.S.  Is Chicago really going to welcome us with a foot of snow, as
>       reported in the news this morning?  ;-)

         Probably, it's supposed to be 8" to a foot out here, and not what
I tell Brooxie 8" is either.  In fact, Brooxie is flying in from Texas this
afternoon and then driving to Rockford on I-90 so maybe I'd better get more
accurate in my length measurements.  Sticky or dusty, next to ice, this is
my least favorite incarnation of our diving medium.  A few years ago in a
similar snowstorm I was doing 85 mph in the far right, slow lane on I-90
and was passed on the shoulder by a guy who gave me the finger.  At times
like this, I can almost understand why it's not considered bad form by some
Texans to shoot at other drivers on the Interstate, and until she gets
home, Brooxie will be displacing Jeff in my prayers.

DPTNST,

John