HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 4

From:
"Eric H. Sand" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric H. Sand
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:20:14 -0800
Hi Dale,
    I've had several replies, notably from Stan S. and Arnold K.

The 30 3/16th inch holes(1/2 inch apart) are aligned for the pinfeed holes
of continuous paper and were used to calculate offsets as well as to make up
carriage control tapes for the(then current) line printers.

The 5/16 and 7/16 inch holes were set 2.75 and 4.25 inches apart to
correspond with physical filing folders when holes were punched in the
paper. On my ruler there is the term "STANDARD SPACING FOR FILE HOLES" which
I believe applies to them.

I've misplaced it many times and a girl friend once hid it on me, but
somehow it stays with me...

                       Eric Sand