HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 4

From:
Kim Borgman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:05:22 -0600
i agree with everything here.  In theory, any "cat" (domestic, cougar,
mountain lion, ect) could cross-breed with any other 'cat' and produce
offspring.  But because of size, physical isolation, and other factors, it
doesn't happen in the wild.  But the end result, if done in captivity or
test tube, is still a member of the 'cat' species.

Humans are the same way.  One way or another we all started from one set of
Male/female.  The world's population has started from there.  Due to
physical isolations, lauguage barriers, ect, "interbreeding" has caused
American's to look different than Chinese or Russians or whatever group you
want to use.  But, we still are all humans.

Raising rabbits with my son for 4H, and having raised them growing up, I see
alot of the features that have been discussed in various emails.  But every
time I have a litter, I still get rabbits and not some other animal.

Some will say the origional set of humans evolved from apes, others from
Gods creation.
Some will say the seperation of humans occurred for various reason, other
from God's response to the Tower of Babel.