HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 4

From:
"Simonsen, Larry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simonsen, Larry
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:09:31 -0700
I'm sure Stan has some old collectables.  What I have is a core memory
buffer for buffering the data, which came off a disc drive before it
transferred to memory.  The memory was slow so they built a fast buffer.  It
is 64 words (8 bytes of  6 bits plus parity for each word).  This buffer is
about 10 inches by 6 inches by 8 inches in size.

Larry Simonsen          Phone: 801-437-3737
Flowserve Corporation                   Fax: 801-491-1750
505 E. Technology Ave   http://www.Flowserve.com
Bldg. C, Suite 3100             e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Orem, UT 84097
All opinions expressed herein are my own and reflect, in no way, those of my
employer.