HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 4

From:
Bill Cadier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Cadier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:00:46 -0700
Hello Sylvia,

The "FS_PROC_INIT" error is used by one of the low-level file system
routines when you run out of entries in a particular "semaphore table". The
reason the error isn't more descriptive of the problem is that at the time it
was written we didn't think that would ever occur. But it has.  I recently
made that particular table larger. It had been only 256 entries, it's now
8190 entries. This change is available in patch MPEMX02 (C) for 7.0.

I do not know whether it would solve the general out of resources issue
your are seeing. With 1275 servers (are these VTServers?) you could
be running out of more than just this semaphore table I referred to.

By the way, MPEMX02 (C) is still listed as being in "beta test"  but
it's been out a while and I've personally tested it with about 12K pins
(with 'big pin' enabled) so it's a good one :-)

Your local Response Center should be able to assist you with getting this
patch.

I hope this helps!

Bill
HP/CSY

reply to: add '.hpixec01' before the '.cup' in [log in to unmask] to get
a valid address.