HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 3

From:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:01:27 -0800
Don't forget that the bytes on these machines are 6 bits.

I got to play with a couple of these machines back in high school in the
late 70's. I was in the explorer post at Tektronix and they had (I
think) a Cyber 73 & 175 in Building 50. In college (Oregon state) I had
to do some assembler work on one, interesting instruction set. My
favorite weird thing was that a jump if zero with a register that was
hardwired zero was quicker then a straight jump.

-Lane