HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 3

From:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:14:34 -0600

I doubt it.

HP has been working hard, through a program of strategic neglect, to push
customers off the 3000. I think they just looked around and decided that
everyone still on the 3000 was either in the process of moving off or a
diehard that was not going anywhere no matter how badly HP supported the
platform.

Besides, the damage is done. Even if HP reverses direction, what 3rd party
will invest in the 3000 now with the posibility of HP reversing direction a
3rd time to cancel the platform again.

No, I think all we can do at this point with HP is wave goodbye as Carly
transforms it into just another has been vendor. Or wait and see if she
loses on the merger and if her replacement can rebuild what she has
destroyed.

Comments are my own... not my employer's... etc.