HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 3

From:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:47:07 -0800
Yes, you can mirror without hot-swappable drives, but life is certainly
easier with them.  The documentation for HP's Mirrored Disc/iX says the
drives must be the same capacity, and upon giving it some thought, I tend to
believe it.  Mirroring can work both ways.  In other words, if the 9GB drive
failed, the 18GB drive would become the master.  Obviously, you couldn't
mirror an 18GB drive to a 9GB drive.  Although I have used Mirrored Disc/iX,
I don't recall the price.