HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 3

From:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:46:42 -0800
Thanks to Gavin Scott, Bill Cadier & Ed Stouder,

After using VOLUTIL's 'newclass' command, things are working.

The question that remains, in my mind, is if this 'additional' step was
always a requirement even if all disks belonged to the system volume set.
I could swear that at some time in the past, simply specifying a new class
in 'sysgen' was sufficient.

Regards
Paul Christidis

Hmmm, so the disks are all in the system volume set, so that should be ok.

I suspect that maybe device classes don't work for this any more, so what
you have to create instead is a "volume class" using the VOLUTIL program's
NEWCLASS command, something like:

NEWCLASS MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET:APLCDISC (MEMBER4,MEMBER5,...)

Gavin

MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET-0
>     2-C2490AM         MEMBER    MEMBER2
MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET-0