HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 2

From:
Guy Avenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Guy Avenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:40:30 -0800
In example.  While living in Belgium, our landlord showed us the river Meuse
in flood stage.  It flooded his basement and he had to shut his gate to keep
his firewood from floating down stream.  When he showed me a picture of the
street sign out front indicating slippery roads (with the water almost
covering the sign), I attempted, "Rather aMeusing."  He looked shocked, "It
was not funny.  We had to shovel silt for days."  It took some time to
explain my attempt at humor.

Guy
www.hptraderonline.com