HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 2

From:
Daniel Warmuth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Warmuth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:31:59 -0600
Hi,

in a few days I will possibly buy a HP 3000/927 LX with HP 2345 A DTC (
Distributed Terminal Controller). Here is a picture of it:
<http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_457d1e5debebce7ee23ece5ef2/i-1.JPG

I really do not know _anything_ about this piece of hardware, so I would like
you to answer a few questions:

0.) What kind of system is it in general (server, numbercruncher, workstation,
..)?
11.) What processor is used in it?
2.) How many processors are in there?
3.) What about expandability? Is there a special slot for expansion cards?
4.) What operating systems does it run? Is MPE/iX something UNIX-like? If not,
to which class of OSes does it belong?
5.) Where can I find manuals, FAQs or informational websites dealing with HP
3000?

I would be very glad if you could help me, since HPs website and Google did not
help really...
--
Ciao, Daniel