HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 1

From:
Ann Sager <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Sager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 19:56:47 -0500
We just got the "word" from an official at HP.  As this was a private
email, I do not feel comfortable with sharing the "who" it is from, but it
is definitely real and official.  Support is NOT being extended.

Here's part of the email from HP:

<snip>
HP was considering extending the support life for the 3000 9X7. After
investigating this, HP has decided to stick with the original support life
plan. I can request approval for Harvard Medical to extend a PSS hardware
and Software contract with the understanding that when the parts are no
longer available the contract would be eliminated. Harvard would only pay
for the amount of time that they are under contract. I apologize for
putting you on hold, but I had thought their was a really good chance that
HP would extend the support life on the hardware.

<snip>

Thanks for those who responded and sorry if some false hope was
generated.  I was skeptical of the rumor; however, I was being outnumbered
in the "believers" vs. "nonbelievers" category.

Thanks again.

Ann

Ann Sager
HP3000 System Support