HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 1

From:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 13:29:10 -0800
Beside the waste issue, you also need to look at how the label is being
applied. We use automated systems for putting the labels on products and
on the exterior of cases. This couldn't be done with sheet type labels.

As for clearing jams, it's really easy on the zebras that I've worked
with. The paper path is so simple and easily accessible.

I'm not sure what the cost of media runs, but the last couple of base
z4000's I've purchased cost $1199 from systemID.com

I don't know if Symbol still offers them, but at one time you could get
scanners that hooked in through the keyboard of the 700/9x terminals.
This made it really simple to integrate using barcodes into existing
applications.

-Lane