HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 1

From:
Tom Hula <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:42:15 -0500
I think it depends on the application. Thermal transfer could become
prohibitively
expensive, depending on the volume. Laser printers are definitely less
expensive
to operate, overall. Also, the environment should be taken into account. The
older
Z-140 label printers are tanks. Heavy duty. I wouldn't put a laser printer
out into
a shop environment. Also, the zebra printers are better for printing labels
for
hazardous environments. It all depends.
        Tom Hula
        Victor S. Barnes Company