HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 1

From:
Daniel Tait <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Tait <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 19:47:28 -0600
Walter quoted Capellas from the transcript of an employee broadcast
with Carly Fiorina on Dec. 4. Here is what he said:

"If you think of the world of the PC business as the standard,
all-beige box, then I think it is a rotten business. If you think of
what the next generation [of access will be], this is all about
creating the next generation of consumer Internet experience. The
combination of where the Internet will be is that intersection point
between the Internet, distributed and very, very rich content,
starting with music, extending out into [audio] and video … Think of
what we can do in the future."

It was taken out of context.

I could also pick his other statements to bits but this one stuck out
the most. I couldn't help but to correct it.