HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 1

From:
Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:04:59 -0600
Tom,

  In IE, you can right click with the mouse on a particular object
and select properties.  It will show you both the URL (not the IP
though) from whence it came along with some dates.  I "believe"
(although I've not researched it enough to bet any money on it) that
the dates will be those that the browser loaded the item.  So, if you
have a date earlier than today's, that would represent that the item
was actually retrieved from the browser cache.  I'm not sure if that
is good enough for what your looking for (i.e. it won't say whether it
was placed into the cache earlier today, or during this particular
viewing).  Another thing to keep in mind is that the browser can render
the page with contents from multiple IPs (for example load balancing
within a site), or even from totally different sites.

Regards,
Michael L Gueterman
Easy Does It Technologies LLC
http://www.editcorp.com