HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 1

From:
Bill Cadier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Cadier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:37:15 -0700
Randy writes:

> John,
>  Do you use StreamX from Vesoft? If yes, we had the following system abort
> on 6.5 pp2 + patches
>
> System Abort 1458 from  Subsystem 102
> Secondary Status: Info=-300, Subsys 107
> System Halt 7, $05B2
>
>  The system abort occurred when there is a typo in the job card and using
> StreamX. You will get the error message "Nil ccb pointer - internal error.
> (CIERR 9016)" when streaming the job with the typo. This corrupts the Job
> Master Table and the next time a process transverses this table, a system
> abort will occur. I think the command SHOWJOB will transverse this table.
>
>  The problem was introduced with patch mpelxv2b, witch is on pp3 for 6.5.
> You may want to call the RC to see if the problem exist on 7.0
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Randy Breitfelder
> Nielsen Media Research

Forgot about that one!

MPELXV2(C) for 7.0 was marked bad but it is worth being sure it's not
installed. There's a one word binary patch that can be installed to correct the
problem if any version of MPELXV2 is installed. The Response Center should
have all the details.

I should mention that just plain old MPE STREAM can also submit a job with
a malformed JOB card and result in the SA1458 Randy mentioned.

Hope this helps!

Bill
HP/CSY
reply to: cadier at hpixec01 cup hp com