HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 1

Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 14:26:45 -0500
Wirt Atmar wrote in part:
> Or you could wait for someone to write a free version of the
> program that
> will run under Linux.

I assume that KDE has a web browser suitable for your use. If so, see for
instance:
http://www.taxcut.com/products-3.html
where you can "let us (H&R Block) do your taxes for you on the web", or "do
your own taxes on the web" (since time is money, you can apparently
substitute money for time in this equation). I would be very much surprised
if Quicken and everyone else did not also offer some sort of web-based
solution. This should allow you to use your laptop and Linux to "make it
through tax season".

Now about this 'doing your taxes by hand' business that Wirt mentions...
Isn't that an artifact from back in the days when hp still made calculators?

Greg Stigers
http://www.cgiusa.com
I did my taxes just after the Super Bowl