HP3000-L Archives

February 2002, Week 1

From:
Bill Cadier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Cadier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 09:34:13 -0700
Hello John

Unfortunately a System Abort 1458 is exactly what the Message Manual says
it is. Without a memory dump or at a minimum a stack trace of what the
process did to generate the trap it is difficult to guess what the problem may
be.

There are no current patches for 7.0 beyond Power Patch 1 that reference
SA1458's.

Your best bet would be to contact the Response Center and try to get a
memory dump that they can look at.

Are you running anything new or special on this system? Something that may
have coincided with the aborts starting? Or has some application which was
not heavily used become so, again coinciding with the aborts? If you have any
suspicions in this area that would help too.

Hope this helps!

Bill
HP/CSY
reply to: cadier at hpixec01 cup hp com