UTCSTAFF Archives

February 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Marcia Noe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marcia Noe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:59:13 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

One of our graduates who now teaches at Chattanooga State contacted me
about graduate student whose e-mail appears below.  He is looking for a job
and has experience as a writer/editor/researcher.  If you need anyone to do
such things, you can contact him via Bill Stifler at Chattanooga State.
His message appears below:
Dear Dr. Noe,

Bill Stifler at ChattState pointed me in your
direction.

I am a graduate student living in Chattanooga while I
complete my thesis for an MA from the University of
Nottingham England and the Universite d'Orleans France
(dual university partnership program).  My degree is
in American Culture and Lit-- I wanted to study this
from the "outside perspective" because Americans
should better know ourselves from the outside (a
feeling tragically confirmed by Sept 11).

I also have an MA in Theological Studies, and since I
have lived in Chattanooga for 10 years (interspersed
with years away for study) I am looking for work
locally... in an editing position, preferably.

I have a great deal of experience in research and
writing, and also have worked as a copywriter, line
editor, and am currently beginning a ghostwriting
project.  I know that employers often look for more
than editing capability so when I complete my thesis
early next month I am trying to afford distance
learning classes from London School of Journalism in
copy editing.

Any ideas?
Thanks so much for your time.

All the best,