UTCSTAFF Archives

February 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
"Emerson H. Fly" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emerson H. Fly
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:04:22 -0500
February 27, 2002

TO: University Faculty and Staff at all UT campuses
FROM: Acting President Emerson H. Fly
SUBJECT: University Payrolls

During the early stages of the SAP implementation, consultants advised the
University it would be more efficient to pay all employees on a single
payroll. The IRIS Project Team has now implemented the Human Resources and
Payroll modules, and our experience has proven the University can
efficiently and effectively process both a monthly and biweekly payroll
cycle. Based upon our experience, the University is reversing the decision
to require faculty and staff exempt employees to move to the biweekly
payroll. However, since the biweekly payroll best meets the overtime
reporting requirements, the University will continue to assign new
non-exempt employees to the biweekly payroll. Monthly paid non-exempt
employees will be encouraged to move to the biweekly payroll but will not
be required to do so at this time.

I appreciate the time and effort that has been devoted to this issue and
the comments that many of you have provided. Please direct any questions to
Neal Wormsley at [log in to unmask]