UTCSTAFF Archives

February 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
llundgri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:47:54 -0500
To the UTC

I'd like to invite the faculty and staff of UTC to the Junvenile Diabetes
Research Foundation Gala, which will be held Saturday, March 9 at the
Chattanooga Golf and Country Club. This is a casual event that we're calling
Red, White, and Bluegrass (yes, there will be live bluegrass music). The guest
of honor will be Chancellor Bill Stacy, and other distinguished guests include
Senator Bill Frist and Congressman Zach Wamp. The tickets for the event are
$35.00 per person.

The gala is sure to be a lot of fun as well as a major fund-raiser for this
very important organization. 87% of all funds raised go directly to research
in developing a cure for diabetes. As the mother of a diabetic child, I can
attest to the devastating impact this disease has on people's lives. The good
news, however, is that there are very exciting developments on the cure front.
It's just a matter of time -- and, of course, money.

If you want more information about the gala or would like to make a
reservation, please send me a message at this email address. I'll respond as
quickly as I can.

Come on out and help Chancellor Stacy in his support of diabetes research.
Thanks for your time and consideration!

Lanie Lundgrin