SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 00:08:05 -0500
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 21:54:04 -0600, Chuck <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Chuck, you shouldn't have snipped the reason I gave on WHY I posted
what I said.  It was a matter of taking your word vs the word of
a long-time waiter in C'&C.  So I assumed BOTH to be correct, and
merely ventured the possibility below for BOTH of you to be correct,
based solely on what each of you offered.

>> Did it occur to you that THEY may have moved (or had made an incomplete
>> move) since September?  Or have been servicing the Cruiseship Pods
>> since then and only let locals join them on YOUR Friday?
>>
>> Whatever was the case, it ain't matter none to me.  If you thought
>> it extremely important to know the exact date of their move, do
>> find out and report back here.  ;-)
>>
>As you like it Bob but when I was there in November, the building was
>unoccupied and incomplete.

If you had said that in the first place, there wouldn't have been a
question in my mind that the WAITER gave me the wrong info, and I
would have said then, as I say now, that "I stand corrected" with
reasons given.

>I dont need a yardstick to measure that.

True.

I made that sarcastic reference only because I recall you and Lee
brought out the GPS, nautical map, and everything under the sun but
a microscope to make a trivial correction to a trivial error I made
mistaking the "90 mile" sign in Key West to mean distance to Coz
rather than CUBA.  But the point I made about drifting was unaffected
even for that gross error in the distance.  If you don't recall,
get it from the archives!  ;0)

>I also dont need a guide to see that you are still unable to admit
>to an honest mistake with good grace.

That's a cheap shot and an INACCURATE remark!  ;-)

I've posted well over 10,000 posts, now can be retrieved via Google.

I WELCOME you or anyone else to substantiate your cheap shot, to
find my mistakes there that I did not readily admit by simply giving
reasons for my mistake and state "I stand corrected" or the equivalent.

-- Bob.