SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2002

From:
Dave DeBarger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 00:01:27 -0500
I just returned from a wonderful week of diving in Coz.  I'll be
attempting a full trip report soon, but the big news on the "surface
interval" front is that Carols 'n Charlie's has MOVED.  It is no longer
to be found in the center of town, but is now on the ground floor in the
new shopping mall across the main drag from the cruise ship pier.
Anyone who recalls the newly-constructed pedestrian overpass just south
of the center of town will know where the mall is located.  The new C 'n
C's attempts to capture the atmosphere of the old place, but -- IMNSHO
-- fails to manage it.  It is too clean. too slick, air conditioned, and
on the ground floor!  Now it is just another restaurant catering to the
Pod People.  Senor Frog's is directly upstairs, and the two co-owned
eateries share some advertising and paper products.

What a shame!

Dive safe [\],
-Dave

--
Dave DeBarger

"The World is always Turning toward the Morning."