SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2002

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:42:15 +1100
On Thursday, February 21, 2002 2:24 PM, John Nitrox wrote:

(Dontcha just hate having to snip such a great report as this?)  :-)

>          My disguise of this Humpty fellow may be getting a little thin,
so
> if you have any suspicions don't let anyone know because I'm not going to
> defend his stupidity or his misapprehension of any physical facts.  I've
> promised to put the pics he got on the web if I can find an easy way.  He
> found and shot to death a longlure frogfish and also tarpon, hundreds of
> horse-eye jacks, an accommodating hawksbill, and the usual cast of
> characters.  He notes that the Canon S300 with its minuscule flash doesn't
> do well beyond ~3 feet but is still happy with his results.  Also he
> apologizes for doing so much grumbling.

Mate!  That was such a priceless tale that I was with you every inch of the
way.  And if you manage to get out of diving as much fun as you put back
into it then you're one of the most fortunate and happiest persons that I
know!  :-)

Strike