SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2002

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:08:58 -0500
I'm getting excited, excited ... doesn't take much to get this gal excited.
Can ya tell I'm looking forward to the CaymanNEDfest.

During the CozNEDfest a first for me was seeing these stunning critters -
Queen angelfish, French angelfish, Gray angelfish, Spotted drum,
Bluestriped grunt &  Queen triggerfish.  Also, I could not get over how
many arrowgrabs were there. Oh, the funny part though was watching Strike's
expression .. he eyes went large as saucers when the Atlantic triggerfish
made a bee-line for him.  The sympathetic soul I am I have to admit I lost
my bundle then .. nearly drowning with laughter.

So what *must-see* critters should be on my photo list for the Cayman trip?
I have been told this is turtle & sting-ray country. Any wolf-eels ...
monkey-faced eels ... or will that only be the human kind ;-))
Guess it is not cool enough there for those creatures eh.

I'm staying on a little longer at the Caymans - landbased from June 15 - 20
enjoying some of the above water attractions with John Nitrox and Brooxie.
With the horrible OZ to US$ exchange rate I will probably never get back
this way again so might as well make the most out of the airfare by
extending the trip a little at the end. We will be diving with Red Sail
Sports.  I think John & Brooxie may be in Belize now .. if not just about
heading off for there.
Viv