SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2002

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:39:35 -0500
Mike Wallace wrote:

> Makes me wish the world would latch on to the pet rock thing. There's a
hell of a lot
> more of them than the critters and you can't kill 'em!

Isn't that the truth.

> They will also cure a pain in the ass as long as it is within throwin'
distance of your
> rock. :-)

I didn't mean it, honestly (I never know when I'll be in Alabama next). 8^)

Believe it or not, we have problems with people collecting rocks down here
too.  OK, it's not the rocks, but the things that grow on and in them.  The
Keys have had to impose limits on the volume of "living rock" that can be
taken in a single day.  We probably won't have this problem too much longer.
At the rate we're dumping sewerage, pesticides and animal waste into our
waters, even the rocks will be dead before long.

Lee