SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2002

From:
Angelo Pardinas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 11:47:30 +0800
    Hmmmmm, I was also gonna ask the same question but in my case it has
something to do with 'lifting' in the gym (plus some aerobics exercise like
the treadmill). Ever since I started diving I became lazy and saw it as an
excuse not to exercise. I was thinking "Hmmmmm they say exercise might
contribute to DCS so it be safer to stop going to the gym 4 days before the
dive." and after coming back from the trip I'll think "Hmmmmm, might have
some excess nitrogen so better not exercise for 2 - 3 days" .... next thing
I know, I was skipping the gym and am now getting fat  :-)

     So I'm also looking forward to anyone answering JM's question.

- Angelo

                    "J.M. Vitoux"
                    <[log in to unmask]        To:     [log in to unmask]
                    ET.COM.SG>                 cc:
                    Sent by: SouthEast         Subject:     [SCUBA-SE] Exercising and diving
                    US Scuba Diving
                    Travel list
                    .EDU>

                    07/02/2002 10:35 AM
                    Please respond to
                    SouthEast US Scuba
                    Diving Travel list

I'll be spending the coming Chinese New Year on an island off the east
coast of Malaysa. and will do some diving. Since several students of my
Taekwondo class will be there, I'm inclined to offer them some extra
training.
Usually, exercising after diving (some say  before as well) is
considered a poor idea. Doea anyone know from an authoritative source on
how long one should wait between a dive a doing sports?

Jean-Marc