SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2002

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 13:15:01 +1100
On Thursday, February 07, 2002 12:47 PM, Chuck wrote:

J-M wrote;
> > I read it as Christian having a folder with your name on _his_ desktop.
> But
> > remember, I do not understand English... :-)

> And Strike is probably as crippled in computerese as you are in English
and
> thus the disconnect.

I beg to differ! :-)

Comparing J-M's grasp of English with my knowledge of computers is a
no-contest.  I have this theory that a two-year old PC is no match for
half-a-million years of evolution.  In my case it's still just a theory.  I
even have to phone Julian so that he can guide me through the process of
which button to press to turn the thing on! :-)

And as far as what folder's on whose desk, it'll probably have to remain a
mystery that ranks alongside that of socks and washing machines:  Why it is
that two socks can go into a machine and only one will come out?  And that
remainiing sock's the one where the machine removes the collar button from a
shirt and somehow manages to spit it through the toes!  :-)

Strike