HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 4

From:
Bill Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 22:45:11 -0800
When a stockholder owning a few hundred shares gets letters from the Board -
and saying I'll hear from Walter Hewlett - man - I feel important.

How many on this list own HP stock?

I am ambivalent towards the proposed merger. I believe that if they merge
they will be getting the "quick buck" while ignoring fundamental things they
should be doing - like I N V E N T.

Think of all the things HP has done though innovation.

On the other hand the Board makes a point that Walter Hewlett hasn't
suggested any alternatives...and their revenues would increase
dramatically - doubling the sales force (where were they with the 3000?) ;-)

I do believe that this public fight, if it is hurting HP, is destroying
Compaq. Their stock has plummeted, and tells the world "we need to be taken
over by someone".

Meanwhile my HP3000 hums merrily along unaware of the storm around it...

Bill