HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 4

From:
"Clark, Rick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clark, Rick
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:14:27 -0500
The file is .sh_history

From man history -

 fc(1)                 MPE/iX Shell and Utilities                 fc(1)

 NAME
 fc -- display, fix, edit and re-enter previous commands

 SYNOPSIS
 fc [-r] [-e editor] [first [last]]
 fc -l [-nr] [first [last]]
 fc -s [old=new] [specifier]

 DESCRIPTION
 fc displays, edits, and re-enters commands which have been input to an
 interactive shell.  fc stands for fix commands.  The environment
 variable HISTSIZE contains the number of commands that are accessible.
 If HISTSIZE is not defined, 128 commands are accessible.

 The shell stores these commands in a history file.  When the HISTFILE
 environment variable is defined as the name of a writable file, the
 shell uses this as the history file; otherwise, the history file is
 $HOME/.sh_history, if HOME is defined and the file is writable.  If
 the HOME variable is not defined, or the file is not writable, the