HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 4

From:
Keven Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keven Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:29:28 -0700
All my Fortran was in Fortran-66. But from whipping out the FTN-77
manuals,
I cannot find any docs about unit linking unit numbers to file equations
like
FTNxx.

I tested thus:
:FILE FTN01=KEVEN;DEV=KLP

Then compiled
    1           PROGRAM TEST
    2           open (1)
    3           write (6,*) "hi"
    4           close (1)
    5           END
Ran with no error and no output file.
Then I added to the open command the file option.
    1           PROGRAM TEST
    2           open (1,file='ftn01')
    3           write (6,*) "hi"
    4           close (1)
    5           END
This time I got a spoolfile.

My guess is that magic mapping of unit numbers to FTNxx file equations
was
a Fortran-66 thing only.

On that note, my oldest LaserROM with MPE/V manuals is Mar94. It does
not have the
BASIC/V or Fortran-66 manuals.  Any earlier LROMs out there with those
manuals?

Keven Miller   mailto:[log in to unmask]   http://www.exegesys.com