HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 4

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:37:55 -0800
Kevin writes:
> re: ACTIVATE waking up the CI.
>
> I talked with JeffV about that sometime ago. Trying to explain that it
> was a nice feature, and wanted it retrofitted back into 6.0.

Well, if it didn't break existing programs it would certainly be nice to be
able to do this under slightly more controlled conditions.  It would let you
create session "background" processes for example.  But since the CI is
totally lacking in any ability to manage such processes once created (like
waking them up again or killing them), I think it's of limited utility and
may have other unintended consequences.

G.