HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 4

From:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:16:07 -0800
In the late 80s I wrote a program that is used to 'duplicate' the account
structure from one HP3000 to another (we had 3 machines in our center at
that time).  The program creates a job stream that can be moved to the
destination machine and submitted or it can be executed from the
destination machine, reach back (through DS) and get the structure of
source  account.  The last section of the generated job (see sample below)
would create a UDC file on the destination machine, set against the account
manager, with instructions as to which UDC file needed to be set against
which user, once the files were restored in the destination machine.

The utility also can be invoked with a parameter that directs it to create
another file that is comprised of multiple jobs, one for each account that
uses UDC files, that can be used to set all the UDC files in the system.

I can make the utility available to anyone that is interested.

A couple of warnings:
1. The above jobs streams, just like the "BULDACCT" jobs, contain account,
group, and user passwords.  Use proper care.
2. If a UDC file is purged, the system does not remove the entry from
'command.pub.sys'.  So it is possible that the corresponding 'setcatalog'
command will fail.

Regards
Paul Christidis

(Sample output)
+IF oldaccount = 0 THEN
+  comment  --- With FCOPY create a list of UDC files ---
+  CONTINUE
+  BUILD UDCALERT.PUB;REC=-80,3,F,ASCII
+  FCOPY FROM=$STDIN;TO=UDCALERT
UDCS
OPTION  LIST,LOGON
comment
comment - The following is a list of UDC files that must be
comment - set before the users can logon.  Create from it a
comment - command file for that task.  Afterwards the file
comment - 'UDCALERT' should be purged.
comment
comment            UDC filename              User/Scope
comment
comment  SETCATALOG SYSUDC01.UDC.SYS        , &
comment             WARP.PUB.TIMEWARP       ;SYSTEM
comment  SETCATALOG PH819UDC.PH819C1.COGNOS ;ACCOUNT
comment  SETCATALOG UDC.REX2K.SYS           , &
comment             HPPXUDC.PUB.SYS         ;USER=MANAGER.SYS
comment  SETCATALOG SLEEPUDC.SYSUTIL.SYS    ;USER=SLEEPER.SYS
+EOD
+  SETCATALOG UDCALERT
+ENDIF

How does one determine (in an easy and straightforward way)

1.the logon UDC file for every user for  an account.
2. the user name for every active UDC file for an account.

Dovid Samber
Steel Warehouse - MIS Mgr