HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 4

From:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:34:18 -0000
Chuck,

Try http://www.openseas.co.uk/contact.htm They'll sell it to you.

regards,
Robert W.Mills

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Ryan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 22 January 2002 15:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Image Schemas from PDL (Powerhouse)

My last company used FlexiBase and I always loved it. My current company
uses DBGeneral and, in my own opinion, it does not compare to the ease of
use of FlexiBase.

DBGeneral imposes far too many restrictions on how I must do things for my
taste. While you can do a schema based change to a database, you must change
the database name in the schema to the name of their temporary database and
place it in the same group as the database with a specific file name before
it will use it. That combined with the limitation of only working on a
database in your current group is an irritation I could happily live
without.

As for FlexiBase's demise, I tried to look into pricing a while back.. and
was told it was no longer being sold to new customers.

Comments are my own... not my employer's.. etc.