HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 3

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:56:48 EST
Mark writes:

> I just discovered another QCTerm bug that affects vi.  If you are using vi
>  edit a file with lines greater than 80 bytes long, QCTerm gets confused and
>  leaves a fragment of the long lines at the bottom of the screen.
>
>  For example, do vi /SYS/SAMPLEDB/VENDORS, and then CTRL-F through the file
>  until you hit EOF.  In Reflection, you will see this at the last two lines
> of your screen:

The CNTRL+F isn't necessary. You can see the problem without doing anything,
if you compare the two screens. The problem is the wrap point at the 80th
character, and that's code we just worked on.

We seem to have put a bug in the new version. My sincere apologies. We'll try
and get this corrected as soon as possible.

Wirt Atmar