HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 3

From:
"Jonathan M. Backus" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:55:52 -0500
Zora,

        It depends on how much detail they want.  There is a product called
Spyglass that allows you to watch the key strokes from another session.  The
other session has to start up a program, basically a filer layer between the
user session and the CI that captures all activity to a MSG or CIR file.
Then from the main session a program can be fired up to read the activity.
It's by a company named Workgroup Solutions (949.586.2200).  If you have
SOS, and the monitor job running, you could create a work group to capture
resources used by the logins of the people in question.  Then on some
regular basis a report could be generated that would show the activity by
these people, during off hours.  You could also use Security/3000 or a
simply logon script to capture when people log in, via the modem ports, but
that wouldn't show you activity.

        A combination of these things may do the trick :)

Thanx,
  Jonathan (Jon) M. Backus, MPE-CSM ~ President
  Tech Group ~ 15 Catawba Place ~ Hagerstown, MD ~ 21742-6515
  Email: [log in to unmask] ~ AIM: JMBackus
  Vmail: 301.988.0614 ~ Fmail: 301.714.1854
  Web: www.TechGroupMD.com