HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 3

From:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:43:24 -0800
Hi Rene and Richard :)
   I can speak from personal experience that this is an awesome tool for
doing database changes as you can build the job and then run it later when
the users are out of the database.

   One caution tho'  ... don't do too much in one job stream... we got bit
by that when we did all kinds of things in one job run to a manual master a
couple of years ago... we did things like turned it into a detail set and
linked it to other masters and added fields and shuffled fields... oops...
things got a little messed up... Patrick at Adager helped me with it... and
we got thru it just fine...

Art "use it all the time! " Bahrs